Grace Baptist Church began with an organizational meeting of thirteen adults in July of 1952. After much prayer, the group decided to band together to start a new work dedicated to “furthering Christ’s teachings”.
The Church had 51 charter members and began meeting at the Odd Fellow’s Hall, which was located where is now the parklet by the bridge over Redbank Creek. Property, on which the Church building currently stands, was donated to the Church in October of that year. In November the Church was properly registered in Harrisburg and the court in Clarion granted a charter.
The Church has undergone three major building programs throughout the years to make room for its growth. In 2002 we celebrated our 50th anniversary and burned the mortgage on the 1996 addition.
The Church remains committed to proclaiming the Word of God and finds strength and comfort in caring for each other. We look forward with anticipation for what God can do through us for His glory.