Bob Ryver - 12/05/2019
The Ministry of John the Baptist
Luke 3:1-14closeERROR: The IP key is no longer supported. Please use your access key, the testing key 'TEST'closeERROR: The IP key is no longer supported. Please use your access key, the testing key 'TEST'
- When Did He start his ministry? – Verses 1-2
Then you have the religious leaders
- What was He doing? – Verses 3-6
It’s about ______________________.
Dr. Jonathan Pennington “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near” (Matt. 3:2; 4:17) is an urgent invitation to reorient our values, habits, loves, thinking, and behavior according to a different understanding, one rooted in the revelation of God’s nature and coming reign.
III. What was He saying? – Verses 7-14
- Something you need to do – Bear fruit that is ________ of true repentance.
- Something you need to ____________ thinking – Don’t lean on your place, position, or status.
- Something you need to be aware of – You are this close to ____________ even as we speak.
- What shall we do then?
Several points of importance
- These are fruits of true ______________
- Notice, that most of the “doing” that John recommends has to do with how they treat other _____________.
- Notice it all comes down to having a proper love for others because they have a proper relationship to the _________.
- This is important – Love enables us to do good in a __________ different ways.
The reason we get into the Word of God every Sunday is so that the Word of God might get into us. If the Word isn’t changing and transforming us then we are wasting our lives away.